Thursday, October 9, 2008

Antique Markets




We went to the antique markets yesterday. I think we all had a go at bargaining. Sarah asked one of the staff to ask the price on something and the seller said 50 rmb. Then when Sarah asked they said 160 rmb. So I got one of the staff to ask about a small bottle I wanted and she got it for me for 10 rmb. Then I had a go and got another bottle for 25 rmb. So that's not bad. I have taken lots of photos. But the internet here isn't coping with sending photos too well. I'll keep trying.

Today we went and saw huge moulded pots being made and another place that make huge thrown pots. Absolutely amazing to see. I have never seen kilns that large!! Peter has been taking lots of video footage too. And he's going to give us all a copy. We are about to visit to an old factory now with Baixu.

~ Erin

No comments: